Sunday, January 7, 2007

Remembering our classmates who passed away

Bina Gomez:
To limit what I have to say about Bina would be quite a daunting task. I am proud to say she was a shining star of our class. A multifaceted personality, intelligent, smart artistic singer, dancer all rolled in one. I am sure the teachers and my friends would vividly remember the ever smiling Bina. Our classes were made lively with her presence. Many a trophy we won has her contribution. I recall her autograph in which most of us here remarked on her wonderful and glowing personality. Her exuberance, vibrance and laughter and warmth can never be forgotten. She was indeed a rare gift and that is why perhaps she left us so soon. Whom the Gods love die young

Written by Claire Bernadette

3 comments:

parvathy r said...

The Bina I remember was a voracious reader and a good writer. Writing was for her a skill that was an offshoot of reading. She and I have spent hours talking about common books read. At that time we did not know that we were developing some fundamental skills of learning. Bina, once wrote a biographical essay about Billie Jean King. I remember sharing her enthusiasm after reading it.

Sydha said...

I have similar memories to Parvathy regarding Bina....always reading and maybe that is why we shared a lot of happy times together. She read in the rickshaw while coming to school, she read before classes started, she read during intervals....Whenever she visited her sister (who used to live near sHankers hospital) she always dropped in to say hello to me(with a book in hand of course!!). Even though she was the youngest in her family she was very independent and that always made me admire her. She was independent in her words and actions even when it was not cool to be so. I will always remember her for her bright, smart and cheerful personality.
Sydha

Sydha said...

I have similar memories to Parvathy regarding Bina....always reading and maybe that is why we shared a lot of happy times together. She read in the rickshaw while coming to school, she read before classes started, she read during intervals....Whenever she visited her sister (who used to live near Shankers hospital) she always dropped in to say hello to me(with a book in hand of course!!). Even though she was the youngest in her family she was very independent and that always made me admire her. She was independent in her words and actions even when it was not cool to be so. I will always remember her for her bright, smart and cheerful personality.
Sydha